Episode 46 Running 500 Miles in 10 Days with Christof Teuscher
Christof Teuscher is the new owner of the Fastest Known Time (FKT) of the Washington section of the Pacific Crest Trail. To do this, he had to run just over 500 miles in a little over 10 days time. Yeah...think about it.
On this episode of The By Land Podcast, Christof joins me to talk about his recent accomplishment. We chat about his experience how he came to run such crazy distances, what motivates him, how this whole FKT thing works, and his experiences on the trail both mentally and physically. It's not every day you get to pick the brain of such an athlete so I thought it might be a good idea to do so.
Even though this isn't backpacking centric, there's a lot of great nuggets of wisdom in this episode. At the very least you get to hear a pretty fascinating story about some epic mileage.
Emory R. Wanger
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at email@example.com or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
Lifestyle Shop - http://byland.co/shop/
Comic Book - http://byland.co/comic-book/
- Fastest Known Time (FKT)
- The FKT aftermath of the Washington section of the PCT
- Preparing and planning to run 500 miles in 10 days
- Managing resupply
- The first few days
- How to manage and feeding the body
- What it’s like to see your body perform over so many miles
- How to entertain yourself during all those miles
- Heavy and dark moments during the run
- How these long runs have impacted daily life
- Life before running long distances
- Learning to have mental strength and learning from failure
- Coaching someone through failures
- Doing by doing
- Benefits behind pushing personal limits
- How running long distances has affected Chrisof’s work
- Being comfortable with uncertainty
- Healing up
- What next?
- Christof’s advice to those wanting to run long distances
- Daily routine and timelines during the Washington FKT