Episode 40 The Off Grid Food Company
I love finding new and upcoming companies that are out there doing good things. For a while now I've been following the Off Grid Food Company located in Washington State and decided it was time to reach out to have them on for a conversation.
Spencer has a pretty awesome story about how he came to create his backpacking/hunting food company. Not only is a great story, but Spencer has a way about him that makes approaching the topic of food logical and not at all confusing.
If you're like me, you sometimes struggle finding new foods to bring with you and often find your appetite changing once you're out in the mountains. You might also wonder what the heck backpacking food is all about and why it looks like something from outer space.
On this episode, Spencer and I talk about his company, how it started, why it started, and what it offers consumers. It's a great conversation with a great guy and I was honored to have him on the podcast.
Please enjoy this episode with the Off Grid Food Company!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
Lifestyle Shop - http://byland.co/shop/
Comic Book - http://byland.co/comic-book/
- Spencer’s background
- Intro to Off Grid Food Company
- Origin story of Off Grid
- Spencer’s life in the outdoors
- What it’s like starting new career, project, and business
- Where Off Grid started and where they’re going
- Sourcing quality food and ingredients
- Freeze drying versus dehydrating
- Basics of freeze drying
- Choosing the right recipe
- Product offerings both present and future
- Hurdles to opening a freeze dried food company
- Spencers backcountry food choices
- Spencers advice to new backpackers/hunters
- How to reach Off Grid Food Company