Episode 36 Passion is Everything with Shane Vander Giessen from Lone Goat Media
Sometimes when you see passion in someone, it's hard not to keep looking. Shane Vander Giessen is exactly that in my opinion and you can't help but hear it in his voice, see it on his channels, and read it in his words.
I found Shane a while back on YouTube while looking for some info on Blacktail Hunting. I found his channel and was immediately impressed with this love for the mountains. Fast forward a year or two and I found him again on YouTube as well as on social media. It seemed his passion had progressed into something more so I decided to investigate.
After seeing what he was up to online, but having no real idea who Shane was, I told myself I'd find out by asking if he'd be willing to come on the podcast to share his story and his love for all things mountain related. I'm so glad I did because Shane has this thing about him that is incredibly contagious and you can't help but smile when you hear him talk about why he loves the outdoors.
This episode with Shane is special to me. Shane is unique, but he's not unlike a lot of you out there who can't seem to get enough of those wild places. To me, Shane represents what we're all trying to exemplify and explain with our actions. He's one man, but he represents so much passion and I personally feel that it's not only motivating to hear Shane talk, but it's refreshing as well.
If you enjoy hearing people talk about their journey into the outdoors, their love of the backcountry, and some great hunting stories, you'll want to give this episode a listen.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at email@example.com or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
Lifestyle Shop - http://byland.co/shop/
Comic Book - http://byland.co/comic-book/
Patreon - http://byland.co/patreon/
- Who is Shane Vander Giessen?
- Shane’s background with hunting and backpacking
- What hunting means to Shane and why he does it and why he shares his adventures
- Where did Shane’s passion for hunting and the outdoors stem from?
- Early childhood memories
- Shane’s passion for bear hunting explained
- Why Shane now hunts Blacktail in the high alpine environments
- How Shane learned to hunt Blacktailed Deer
- Shanes love for Mountain Goats explained
- Shane’s thoughts on hunting and how he can hunt an animal he care about
- How Shane approaches backpacking
- Capturing stories with video and stills while hunting/backpacking
- What keeps Shane going back for more in the mountains?
- Shanes advice to newcomers to hunting
- How to find Shane online