Episode 20 Family, Photography, and the Mountain Life with Jacob Moon
Jacob Moon has an interesting backstory. Until about year ago, he was a full time nurse. He spent his days off exploring the mountains and taking incredible landscape images that he mostly kept to himself until a friend prompted him to post them to Instagram and the rest is history. Fast forward about a year, he's now a full time photographer, adventurer, and a family man.
I contacted Jacob to ask about an image he posted of his baby sleeping in a tent above an incredible landscape. He and his wife have found a way to integrate their baby into their active outdoor lifestyles and I wanted to learn more about it. I learned this and so much more.
Jacob Moon loves the mountains. He conveys his love for the outdoors through his images and I personally think they're incredible. Where words aren't enough, Jacob captures an image.
By the end of this episode, you'll learn what makes Jacob tick, how he manages risk in the mountains, how he learned to backpack with a baby, and a great tip on taking landscape images. You're going to love it!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at email@example.com or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
Also, if you have a topics you'd like covered, email me and I'll look into making it happen!
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
- Introduction to Jacob Moon
- How Jacob became a full time photographer
- What pushed Jacob to start climbing mountains and what brings him back time and again
- Learning to climb mountains
- Being safe in the mountains - learned or natural?
- Introducing photography into mountain climbing
- Integrating family into the outdoors
- Car camping with a 3 week old baby
- Backpacking with a baby
- How the outdoors impacts a baby and the parents
- How Jacob came to love the outdoors
- The benefit of quality time with family
- Advice to families looking to get outdoors and how to get started camping and backpacking with kids
- Jacobs tips for landscape photography