Episode 16 Finding Photography With Chris Burkard
Chris Burkard is a well known adventure photographer, but he's also a family man. He's made a name for himself photographing the life of surfers all around the world and in some pretty extreme environments.
I asked Chris if he'd be willing to come on the podcast to share his story and he kindly agreed. While we could have talked at great length about how to physically take a picture, I think it's more important to understand where Chris comes from, how he looks at the world around him, and why his images are so well received.
This was a unique experience for me to speak with Chris. I've been a fan of his work for a few years now and having this opportunity to pick his brain was an honor. I'm humbled that Chris would take the time out of his day to connect with me and sincerely hope what we covered in this chat helps someone somewhere break down a barrier they've been struggling with.
You're going to learn about photography in this episode, but you'll also learn how to be a photographer inside and how to tell a story through images. When we venture out into those place we love, I think we all want to return with pictures that tell the story so those stories live on long after we're gone. I think that by the end of this episode, you might learn a few things about how to do that successfully with whatever gear you have on you.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
Also, if you have a topics you'd like covered, email me and I'll look into making it happen!
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
- Introduction to Chris and what he does
- Chris’s background
- The process of framing and image and owning the process
- Who Chris was prior to photography and what gave him to passion to explore the world
- How Chris finds balance in his work and what he wishes to communicate
- How to return to challenging places over and over again and do so successfully
- Viewing yourself as a story teller
- How Adventure Photography works
- What Chris gets from photography as a person
- How art has played a roll in telling the human story through history
- Advise to young creatives
- How to find Chris online