Jillian Brown and her adventure partner Martin Trahan are currently (as of July 2018) canoeing their way from the Pacific Ocean to Atlantic via river ways across the United States.
I found their journey via Instagram where I saw an image taken by Jillian of her parter huddled under a canoe from the rain. After further investigation, I found out about what they were doing and promptly reached out to chat.
Jillian kindly took an hour out of her day to talk with me while resting in Helena, Montana. Her and Martin had just finished paddling up the Columbia River and hiking their gear over 300 miles to the Missouri River form where their next leg of the journey would begin.
This might not be a backpacking story, but it's incredible and one that you should listen to. Jillian is a gem and her energy is contagious. She has an amazing story to tell and by the end of the summer of 2018, she'll have yet another one.
Please enjoy this talk with Jillian Brown!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!
Taking the time to listen to this podcast is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or comments, feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.
HELP THE SHOW
If you enjoyed this show and want to help me out, please leave me an honest review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from. Doing so will help my podcast reach others and grow more and more. I can't do it without you!
Lifestyle Shop - http://byland.co/shop/
Comic Book - http://byland.co/comic-book/
- What Jillian and her paddling partner are in the middle of doing right now!
- How does someone paddle from the Pacific to Miami via water way?
- Background on the expedition.
- Jillian’s background and how she ended up on this expedition.
- A note on partnerships in and expedition like this.
- Where did Jillians wilingness to try things for the first time come from?
- How has the river helped focus thoughts while on such a long journey
- The Squirrel Story
- How to process low moments of a journey and learning to push through
- Long distance paddling - what’s the game plan?
- What it’s like paddling upriver
- Paddling a big river
- A day in the life of a long distance paddle
- Why choose a canoe over a kayak?
- Why is Jillian and her partner paddling this expedition and how are they able to do this?
- Experiencing the kindness of strangers
- How to find and follow the journey